Sustainability Challenge

Sustainability has been a conversation topic that continues to arise around me from of my friends and family. Although I had an idea why my friends chose to transition their lives into living a sustainable life, I did not think that it was something that my boyfriend and I “should” do because at the time we just didn’t see the big picture. What made me realize and learn about it was not just from friends and family but from the course that I am currently taking on sustainability. Sustainable living is something we must do to preserve our planet and of course all our lives. I started to think about the day when I have a child what kind of world and life they would have if I did not start contributing in making positive changes in the world and in my life. So what better way to start by starting now on the challenge. My challenge is:

1. Ditch the Plastic
2. Reduce the amount of water I use daily.
3. Buy or create natural products to clean the house
4. Buy natural beauty products and use less makeup.
5. Recycle all bottles and cans
6. Support companies that are sustainable and that give back to environment or the world.

The reason I chose these six challenges is because I wanted to start by getting into the habit of making this my lifestyle or I should say our lifestyle. I think it’s a good start, and best to start off slow with these first few steps in order to get into the habit since they are things that maybe we are not use to doing. This is our beginning point in making a positive and healthy change.